In the past I have always felt a bit sorry for Dads, they never used to get a look in when it came to Father’s Day. This year however, it seems that all has changed. Everywhere I look, I seem to be surrounded by advertising and publicity for Sunday 21st June- this year’s Father’s Day.
With just under a week to go, there is no excuse to forget the big day. If like me, you struggle to think of original gift ideas for your old man, look no further than Jamie Oliver’s spanking new range of home wares. The JME Collection is a new lifestyle brand that takes Jamie Oliver beyond food and the kitchen and into the home. The collection aims to offer a diverse variety of useful and lovely things, allowing every individual to find pieces for their home that fit their personal style. The eclectic collection is inspired by Jamie Oliver’s relaxed approach to eating, entertaining and enjoying life. In Jamie’s words, “Design is about something being made with a lot of love and thought. A product has got to look beautiful, and either be useful, clever or make me smile. The products in this collection really tick all the boxes. I think they’re brilliant!”
I have picked out my top five ‘Pa Presents’ from the JME collection, but there are plenty more good ideas.
1. Coming in at number one is the Antipasti Platter. The platter was made to Jamie´s personal specification after he came up with the idea of ´raising food´ to make more space on the dining tables at a friend´s wedding. Even if you’re Dad is not planning to cater ´en masse´, the board is an equally good way to display a modern array of food with impressive results.
2. When summer comes around, men come into their own as they perfect the art of BBQ-ing. The JME bangers bucket BBQ will keep all Dads happy. The fun bucket design means that it’s easy to slip on your arm, grab some coals and head for the park for an effortless summer meal.
3. Everyone knows that growing your own vegetables is cool; it’s no longer just a past time for your grandparents as trendy young things are also heading to their local allotments and testing their green fingers. Make sure your Dad enjoys the trip back to nature with these essential gardening tools. The planters’ trowel is especially nifty as it is marked with measures to tell you how far to dig in your seeds.
4. Does your Dad love talking weather? If so, give him his own garden thermometer and he can take every possible opportunity to correct the BBC forecast. Holes in the back make the thermometer easy to mount on walls or fences and its sage colour and rounded shape add a stylish, retro feel.
5. If your Dad loves chilling out in the garden, he can enjoy making some fine-feathered friends with the Rule the Roost wooden birdhouse. Seeing as the natural nesting sites of Britain’s native birds are fast disappearing, this easily mountable box could provide a much-needed home for a family of blue tits or sparrows.
Read more posts by mydeco.